Friday, June 12, 2015

Slow Like Sloth Progress is Slogress

I have the patience of a two year old and I am training myself to take my time on projects even if I am going to destroy them during a performance anyway. Taking things slow makes me angry so I try to think of a sloth so at the very least, I have a cute fuzzy animal in my head while I clench my jaw and sigh heavily every five minutes.

Progress is slow going on the New CMA Building Monster but I'm getting closer to being able to add teeth, eyes, and tentacles.

The front and back of the building has big beautiful windows but I was not sure how I was going to mimic those without spending money. Totalie and I toyed with the idea of plastic, but I went with some artist shots of buildings cut out of a marketing book produced by a retail management company.
Not too bad for a cartoonish imagining of the real thing. Imagine this with sharp teeth and giant eyes.

One of the reasons this is a slothy process, is because I am building a piñata for my friend's daughter. It's a rainbow themed party so I made a rainbow for them to smash into bits. I was thinking I could put chocolate coins into it, but an outdoor party in 90 degree weather and chocolate may not be the best idea. It's not finished yet but here is my first party piñata.
It needs more clouds!

After I get the color right on the New CMA Monster, I will be a happy sloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment