Monday, January 9, 2017

Talking Underwater.

I've been teaching myself how to use a spindle wheel to turn tissue paper into paper yarn. YouTube tutorials are very helpful. One of the things I have trouble with is patience and I've looked into several ways to cut corners to try and speed up the projects I want to make, but the truth is, some things just take time and I have to be okay with that.

When I am inspired all I want is to see the end project. The ideas are like rushing water and I am afraid they will all get away from me. Even if I write them all down, projects are either inspired or they aren't, and if I go back to an idea, sometimes the inspiration to complete it, is just gone. That's one reason it's so frustrating when "real life" gets in the way.

The more it gets in the way, the more fatalistic I get about everything. The days I can wake up and indulge the muses chattering in my brain are the best days. The rest of the week can be very frustrating and feeds into my downward spiral. Everything starts to seem hopeless. I am not able to enjoy anything because it's all rushed and crammed into whenever I can get to it.

There are many days I wish I had learned to be more selfish so I didn't end up sacrificing the majority of my time on this planet to things that drag me down into the hopeless abyss. Right now I'm about 20,000 leagues under depression. Maybe there's an undiscovered cave full of oxygen down here, like in the book cause I really down feel like swimming back up to the surface right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment