Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sugary Refinement

This Saturday, The Trulie Awesome Show is performing our monthly show at Ruby Tuesday Live! on Summit for The Ooh La Las Varietease Show. This time around, we have had a director for our rehearsals, and it has made a world of difference.

Ollie, (Ollie Oxenfree) is our new director/tech person, and I am so glad he's back in my life and we are working together! We worked together at Shadowbox here in town, and he's a natural for comedy. After he saw some of the Trulie Awesome Shows, he could tell I was frustrated with trying to direct, act, be prop master, and all of the above. I was thrilled when he offered to direct, because you really want to work with someone you trust. Who sees your vision too, and doesn't turn your work into something it wasn't meant to be. As a result Maulie, Totalie, and I feel more confident and I feel the show is smoother and more refined overall.

It's always good to have someone else look at your work. You are not the audience so you can not possibly know how you are coming across. Things that may seem clear to you may be confusing to them. You also have to be open to criticism and change or you will never get any better.  I have found that working with someone you trust is one of the most valuable tools a performer can have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment